Go to fullsize imageWell, I did it or “me do it!” as Anson would say.  I made it just under the wire for my new Monday post.  It’s 11:30p and I just posted the first item under my new calendar plan for the blog.  I feel good.  Technically, I could have done better seeing as how you only have 30 minutes left to read it on Monday.  But hey, it’s better than nothing 🙂 There were so many draining exciting things that happened today.  I was lucky to make it to the computer at all!

It was the first day of preschool!!  For Zack AND Anson!!  How exciting!

We made it out the door on time this morning.  All 3 of us.  Zack, Anson, and myself (I called my mother-in-law to watch Gret for the day.  I needed back up.)  They were carrying their little school bags and I was carrying a little anxiety right between my shoulder blades.  Let me give some background as to why.  When I took Anson to his classroom for the shortened parent attended class last week, he successfully kicked 2 other classmates in the head.  Slapped, pushed or punched every other kid.  Refused to sit on the rug during reading time and then cried in the hallway at the top of his lungs when he realized his best buddy Zack was in a different room for school.  I was proud that I even dared to take him back to school much less make it there for the whole morning.

I take the 2 excited guys into the school, help Zack get into his classroom.  He is so happy to be back at school.  Anson is in the hall crying again, screaming “Zack! No Go!” alternately.  I pick him up and go into his room.  I wonder if they know what they are in for today.  I resolve to escort him through most of his first day.  I fear for the other children’s lives.  He begins with his usual stubborn ways but this time there is no hitting, kicking or pushing.  He is learning to manage his stress!  I am so proud.  We make it through the morning together and go greet Zack when he is done with his class.

We get in the car to go home (literally 2 minutes away).  Zack now begins to release his stress by yelling and arguing about every little thing possible.  I literally wrestle him out of the car.  Just in time for my mother-in-law to see him slap me not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 times!  Not a good decision my boy.  He goes upstairs in an unlimited time out.  He sat there screaming bloody murder for almost 40 minutes.  He decides he is done and wants to see grandma.  I quickly nurse Gret.  My kids eat a healthy lunch of left over Dunkin Donuts and milk.  Yes, I admit it.  I did feed my children pure junk for lunch and I would do it again if I had to!  It is now time for me to leave for my first visit to the local Mind, Body, Spirit center for healing. 

I hurry out the door and make it in time to my appt.  Thank goodness I got all green lights.  It must have been my lucky day and I just didn’t realize it until now.  I spend 2 hours consulting with my new kindred soul, my naturopath.  An amazing experience!!  I love her! So insightful about IBS and anxiety.  I came out of there with sheets of suggestions and info.  The best part, none of this involved trying out yet another pharmaceutical.  It was all diet and supplement related.  I have renewed hope for my health quest!  I am then sent over to the lab for blood tests to determine food allergies.  Another hour, but it will be so worth it. 

After all this, I head on over to the Health Food Store to pick up some new Vitamins.  I get caught up in one of my favorite places to shop and walk out with a bag full of “healthy options”.  Then, I go home.  After updating me on the kids my mother-in-law leaves, just before Tomas gets home from work.  Tomas informs me that we have 45 minutes until his brother and wife are coming over to hang out.  Wow, thanks for the early notice.  I throw together a gourmet meal of PBJ, grapes and yogurt.  Joy of joys, my children believe that the vanilla yogurt is icecream and don’t complain.  They are also being fairly cooperative considering their episodes earlier today.  My bro-in-law and sis-in-law stay until a little after 10pm.  What do you know?  The day flew by and I still didn’t post on my sweet, sweet blog! 

I was tempted to skip blogging but I wanted to document my day.  Why??  Because the next time somebody asks me what I do with my time while staying at home with the kids, I will direct them to this post and say…”Here’s what I did!  What part of this makes you think I am a STAY-AT-HOME mom?” 

ZZZZ…oops sorry!  I need to get to bed! I just feel asleep at the keyboard.  Hope that your Monday was not so manic!